Key SP1 Features and Enhancements:
• The new User Activity report displays the sites and site categories accessed by any user.
• All Forefront TMG reports have a new look and feel.
Enhancements to URL Filtering
• You can now allow users to override the access restriction on sites blocked by URL filtering. This allows for a more flexible web access policy, in that users can decide for themselves whether to access a blocked site. This is especially useful for websites that have been incorrectly categorized.
• You can now override the categorization of a URL on the enterprise level; the override is then effective for each enterprise-joined array.
• Denial notification pages can now be customized for your organization's needs.
Enhanced Branch Office Support
• Collocation of Forefront TMG and a domain controller on the same server, which can help reduce the total cost of ownership at branch offices.
• When installed on a computer running Windows Server 2008 R2, SP1 simplifies the deployment of BranchCache at the branch office, using Forefront TMG as the Hosted Cache server.
Support for publishing SharePoint 2010
• Forefront TMG SP1 supports secure publishing of SharePoint 2010.
SP1 Problem Fix details: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/981324/
SP1 Release Notes: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff686708.aspx
SP1 Installation Guide: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff717843.aspx
SP1 Download available from here: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=193239
I also noticed a section in the release notes titled ‘Support for Forefront Unified Access Gateway (UAG)’ which is encouraging, but I am yet to find any specific deployment documentation on this (assuming it is actually different to native TMG deployments of course).
Please Note: Make sure you read the install guide prior to installation, especially with reference to running the MSP file from an elevated command prompt and other known issues.